Friday, March 13, 2009

#2285-To Justus Jonas

Grace and peace in Christ! My dear Jonas, it is essential that you become involved in the case of Antoninus Schoenitz since the Bishop of Halle has given his consent that you (having nameed you) be one of the mediators with Prince Georg of Anhalt etc/
About this I very much appeal being assured of your friendship and love. Therefore I am sending you in the hope that we will not be deceived as this raging Bishop persists so that you will be stubborn and ready to represent my party vigorously. The rest I will give you orally. <. Philip is visiting his Joachim (Camerarius). About the victory of the Emperor you will hear here if you haven't already heard it there. Be it well with you and your colleagues in Christ. On the Tuesday after Aegidius (5 Sept.) 1536. Your Martin Luther.

No comments: