Thursday, January 10, 2013

#2463-To Elisabeth, Duchess of Braunschweig

G .(Grace).u.Peace in Christ. Illustrious, high-born Princess, gracious Lady. I and my dear Kaethe thank EFG for the cheese. And it is for us a very dear gift, even were it something less, because EFG by God's grace has demonstrated such inclination to His holy Word. And we pray that the Father of all mercies through His dear Son ,our LOrd , would support and uphold EFG richly with His Holy Spirit unto that Day of our final salvation. We commend ourselves herewith as EFG"s willing servants,Amen. I am herewith plants of mulberry-tree and fig-tree as much as I have. Otherwise ,I have nothing unique. Midweek after Aegidius (4 Sept.) 1538. EFG's willing Martinus Luther.

N.B. Haven't noted for awhile when addressing nobility ML abbreviates "YOUR PRINCELY GRACE" with E.F.G. The Electors are E.C.F.G.

No comments: