Wednesday, December 20, 2006

#2030-To the Elector, Johann Friedrich of Saxony

To the illustrious, high-born Prince and Lord, Lord Johann Friedrich, Duke in Saxony,arch-marschall of the Roman Empire and Elector, Landgraf in Thuringia and Markgraf in Meissen,my most gracious Lord.

Grace and peace in Christ. Illustrious, high-born Prince, most gracious Lord! Nickel Sack has made a written complaint to me(wherein he desires counsel)which motivates me to write to E.C.F.G. and although I do not wish to interfere in such matters as I do not know what is right and what is not nor do I desire to know: yet I did not know how to refuse him because he is so greatly concerned and takes it deeply to heart. Most say that he is in the right. However, may E.C.F.G. graciously take my writing for the best since I request nothing more than I want E.C.F.G. to go no farther.of which I do not doubt,than you would through divine grace and without any urging love you the right and administer it except that I would like to see the good man's petition satisified and disposed of. I commend herewith the same matter to E.C.F.G.'s gracious
consideration. Christ, our LOrd, strengthen and direct E.C.F.G.'s heart and mind to the glory of His Name forever,Amen. E.C.F.G.'s subject, Mart.Luther.

NOTE:Sounds like Sack threw the sack down at the door of ML.

No comments: